Sunday, April 19

YES!! I too sucumbed to the mushroom pincushion ... how could i resist ... I used thelittlehousebythesea tutorial with a couple of modifications. I was greatly inspired by poshplushies and her beautiful work. It was quite simple to do ... It was for a easter swap that I did.

Then this gorgeous bag (if I may say so myself) was made bag using Erins simple and easy tutorial. It is a awsome bag to make so quick and simple .. I have another 3 in various stages of completion. You HAVE to make one. (this was for the same swap)

The awsome embroidery pattern is from the great designs of Andrea of BADBIRD.



The fabrics i used were :
Pale brown linen for the centre panel
Denim for the strap and sides
And the red is a fabulous local fabric called Shwe Shwe -
any one who knows me, knows i am madly in love with it.
the embroidery was 6 strand DMC threads.


Im off now to start my new embroideries for the 3 bags that I have started, but I have to put Miguel to bed first as he is finished. My little social butterfly had such a full diary this weekend - yesterday he had 3 birthdya parties - one at 10am, another at lunch time and the last at 2!! Then today we had a 1 hour 45min mass for a baptisim and then the whole day at the beach body surfing and swiming ... to be honest I think that he is so tired he is looking forward to school tomorrow so that he can rest!!!!
MWAH to you all ...



2 comments:

Daydreams On MountainTops said...

Could you be any more inspirational for me???? I adore this pin cushion, and TOTALLY want to make a cactus one now- for my husband;-) Don't you think a cactus one with flowers for the pin's heads would look cool? You did such a good job, and this bag rocks, and so does your work with badbirds pattern!

elvira craft said...

nice mushroom..